History

Our History

Accepted into the National Register of Historic Places, The Berkeley City Club is part of the Historic Hotels of America, event space, fine dining restaurant, and private social club. Built in 1927 to honor the need for a women’s activity center, The Club, also known as the “Little Castle,” was designed by Julia Morgan. As a center for social, cultural, recreational, and family activities in the East Bay, the Berkeley Women’s City Club gained 4,000 female members.